24 December 2013

50 States of Pray

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! The last horrible day of work! Ok, that's not actually true. I still have to get through New Year's...

Today is the day for the 50 States of Pray event, thought up by the awesome Mark Koopmans. Click the link if you'd like to see the other participants, or join in, too! There's still the whole day! I'm posting from Massachusetts. I'm not entirely certain I've ever told you guys where I live. Anyway...

Christmas Eve, 2013


Here's the thing. I'm not very good with prayer. I've had a lot of things happen in my life that have left me a little faithless. So I haven't really been able to figure out what to write for this post ever since I signed up. So I went back to Mark's original post and read it again:
Why not set aside a moment to reflect on the year that was and share some hopes for the next year?
So I guess I'll start from there. 2013 was sort of a mixed bag of emotions. As far as writing goes, it was great. I finally finished my first draft, got to 100 blog posts, and made some great friends through blogging and networking. Life-wise, however, it wasn't so great. I still feel like I'm waiting for my mom's death to hit me like a ton of bricks, but maybe it isn't going to. Maybe I'll just have those random moments of sadness that will hit me from time to time. Then I worry if I'm incredibly resilient or just incredibly numb. Still figuring it out, I guess.

But anyway, I don't like my blogging being a therapy session, so I'll move on to the second part of the question: hopes for the new year. Like always, all I can really think about is my writing. I want to get my second draft done super fast, then start getting queries out. I want to keep up with my blogging, hopefully reaching more and more people and making more blogger buddies. I'd love to be at a point where I can actually decide what I want to do with my life. Getting more writing done will probably help me figure that out.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of you mother. We each mourn and deal with grief in our own way. Remember to breathe. Remember to remember as many of the small wonderful things she did for you as you can. Pass on those small things to others and you will find your mom smiling our from your own eyes. Merry Christmas, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you lost your mother this year. As Bish said, we all grieve in our own fashion.
    May next year bring all of your wishes and fulfill your goals.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs in memory of your mom. I hope you have a Merry Christmas. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who has been dealing with that "ton of bricks"... for a year now. Sometimes, though, it's just a pebble that sends ripples out through your whole life. May this Christmas bring you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a merry Christmas and that your next year will see the completion of all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah,

    Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother and I agree with the above comments - you deal with the loss however you need to - and there shouldn't be a time limit...

    I struggled a LOT with faith, too and all I can tell you is if (or when) there's a time and a place - you will know it.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and hoping for a write-eous and Happy New Year :)

    ((SARAH))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas. Grief and Joy are part of what makes you you. Life is what you make of it and it sounds like you're living a good life-family, friends and of course writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I pray that your pain will be healed and that you'll find your stride again. But don't rush it or worry about what you're supposed to be feeling. It'll come when it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your mum, and hope that each day helps a little xx
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah - losing one's mother is such a difficult adjustment ... and each of us feels so differently - my mother had been ill for a few years but I can understand your thoughts .. we need to process the inevitable - but she will be with you forever ... thoughts appearing on occasions, when we remember.

    I'm so pleased you've had a great blogging experience - everyone does make such a difference - I've learnt so much and enjoyed being around other bloggers ..

    Good luck with your drafts .. and I'll see you around the blogging world - have a peaceful and blessed 2014.... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what it's like to lose a loved one, so my heart is right beside yours. It's been an honor and a pleasure having you in the Blogosphere. I look forward to what tomorrow brings in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Looking forward to the new year.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lost my Mom this year too. Somehow I think they soften the blow for us a bit, from wherever they are. Those moments when we do break down can be intense, so we definitely feel the loss. With you in spirit - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete